For the first time, acceptance into the Online Exhibition will earn the artist a half credit towards Signature Membership status. A total of 3 credits is required to be considered a “Signature Member” and to use TnWS under your signature. Half credits from the Online Exhibition can cut a year off of the process.
Due to cost overruns with previous online exhibitions, the entry fee will be $25 for the first entry and $10 for each of two additional for a maximum of 3 entries. Only one entry will be accepted from any artist. Consider that you will not have the expense of framing or shipping your painting. Cash prizes will be awarded for 1st-$300, 2nd-$200 and 3rd-$100.
Steve Rogers has been retained as the juror. He is a Signature Member of the American, National and Florida Watercolor Societies. His work can be viewed at www.watercolorsbyrogers.com.
Since both the jurying and judging will be from the images only, the quality of the photograph is most important. All images must be taken without any glass or plexiglas. The use of a good digital camera set at the highest quality is highly recommended. Once loaded to your computer, crop any background or matting. Adjust the size and resolution to the requirements below and rename the JPEG file to LastName_FirstName_Title_Medium.
You will submit your entry application online in the 2019 Exhibition area, pay the entry fee through PayPal and email your entries as attachments to email@example.com. A PayPal account is not required. For those who do not use credit cards or PayPal, a check to TNWS can be mailed to Pat Patrick, 245 Audubon Woods Road, Clarksville, TN 37043.
Please note there is no automatic confirmation of the email receipt. As volunteers are able to process the entries, a confirmation email will be sent, but this may take several days.
The images should be of high quality (300 pixels per inch) with the longest side being a maximum of 1800 pixels (approximately 4×6 inches). JPEG images files should be named as follows: LastName_FirstName_Title_Medium.
(We don’t need size since this isn’t a physical exhibition and inquires about purchases will be forwarded to you, so prices will not be posted. Obvious scam inquires will be trashed.) Images will be stored digitally for review by the juror and posted by the webmaster. All images displayed online will be reduced to 72 ppi to prevent quality reproductions.
- Deadline for entries is February 28, 2019.
- Entry is only open to members with 2019 paid dues.
- Entries must be water-media on paper or alternative water-media surfaces done in an aqueous manner (no lumps or “raised” texture). Water-media include watercolor, acrylic, casein, ink and gouache. For the purpose of the Online Exhibition, surfaces such Yupo, TerraSkin, aqua board or watercolor canvas are acceptable.
- Any collage papers must be painted by the artist. No non-paper material is allowed, i.e.. cloth or metals.
- All works submitted must be original. Paintings copied from commercial or published photographs, other artist’s work or computer produced work will not be exhibited. The artist must be the photographer of any reference photographs.
- Works are ineligible if any part was done in a workshop or under instruction.
- Works must have been completed since February 20, 2017.
- Entries previously accepted into any TNWS Biennial or Online Exhibition are not eligible for entry. Accepted entries will NOT be eligible for future Biennial Exhibition.
- TnWS reserves the right to reject entries with content judged unsuitable for publication of the website.
- Artists with entries accepted into the exhibition will earn a half credit towards signature membership.
- Entries are only accepted through the entry form on the TnWS webpage.
- Once the entry form is completed and fees paid, images meeting the requirements must be attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to set attachment to “actual size.”
- No mailed CDs will be accepted.